Distance Student & Employee Library Services
Currently enrolled KPU students and current KPU employees are eligible for distance learner library services if:
- They are unable to come to a KPU campus because they are living outside of Metro Vancouver.
- They reside within Canada.
Apply for Distance Library Services
Email email@example.com with:
- Your first & last name
- Student number
- KPU email address
After you apply via email for Distance Library Services:
- The library will confirm your eligibility for Distance Library Services.
- Once confirmed, the library will email an invitation to a video call. During the call:
- Your camera must be on and and your original government issued photo ID should be ready to verify your identity. Electronic versions of ID are not accepted.
- Once your photo and ID are verified, you'll be asked to confirm your mailing address so we can mail your KPU card.
Distance Library Services
Library services are the same as for other students with a couple of exceptions:
- Library equipment can't be borrowed & borrowing DVDs from other institutions isn't available.
- When placing a hold on a book or other item, follow the procedures for Mail to Me.
All Library notices are emailed to your KPU email account. Check regularly for information on your holds, overdues & recalls.
Students Registered with BC Campus
BC Campus students receive library services from the institution through which they are taking online courses.