Mail to Me
Mail to Me is a service from KPU Library that enables users to borrow and return library material by mail. Mail to Me is available to current KPU students and employees with mailing addresses within Canada.
- Have your KPU Card made if you don't already have one. Not coming to campus? No problem. We'll hold onto it until you're ready to pick it up in-person.
- Find the item you wish to borrow in the Library Catalogue.
- Click on the 'Place Hold' button and log in.
- Select 'Canada Post' as the Pickup Library and click 'Place Hold'. You're done!
- A return, postage paid mailing label is included with your materials. Be sure to keep this label and the original packaging.
- Place material back into the original packaging. Seal.
- Attach the postage paid address label to the front of the package, covering your home address
- Put your package in any Canada Post mailbox or post office.
- Current KPU students and employees are eligible to use the Library’s Mail to Me service.
- Library material that can be mailed: books and other general collection material, dvds, periodicals, music cds
- Library material that cannot be mailed: Equipment, including laptops and other audio visual technology.
- Students: We will mail materials via Canada Post to your address recorded in Online Self-Service as long as it is within Canada
- Employees: We will mail materials to you anywhere in Canada via Canada Post once you confirm your mailing address with the Library
- A return, postage paid mailing label is included with your materials; be sure to keep the original packaging for returning your items.
- Interlibrary loans, (books from other institutions), cannot be mailed
How can I track my Mail to Me item?
- Login to My Library Account
- Click on the Holds tab and check the Status column
- Pending: we’ve received your request
- External: we’re waiting for your mailing address (employees only)
- No longer on the Holds tab? Go to the Checkouts tab. If it is on loan to you, it is on its way
- We will email you when we’ve put your package in the mail
When will I receive my items?
- It will take us a few days to retrieve and process your request
- After the package is in the mail, it depends on Canada Post delivery times
When is my item due back?
- You can see the due date in My Library Account
- Materials must be put in the mail to KPU by the due date
- For details on loan periods, visit Loans, Renewals & Returns for Students or Borrowing for Faculty.
Why are you asking for my mailing address?
- Employee Library records don’t include home addresses
- We’ll email you a notice asking for your mailing address so we can send your materials to you by Canada Post
- If we don’t receive an address from you, we’ll cancel the hold
My Library Account
Access and manage your library account details, including borrowing, holds, and fees.