Mail to Me
Current KPU students and employees are eligible to use the Library’s Mail to Me service.
- Items that can be mailed: books and other general collection material, dvds, periodicals, music cds
- Students: We will mail materials via Canada Post to your address recorded in Online Self-Service as long as it is within Canada
- Employees: We will mail materials to you anywhere in Canada via Canada Post once you confirm your mailing address with the Library
- A return, postage paid mailing label is included with your materials; be sure to keep the original packaging for returning your items.
- Interlibrary loans, (books from other institutions), cannot be mailed
How do you request an item through Mail to Me?
- Get a KPU Card if you don't have one already. We'll hold the card for you until you can come on campus to pick it up.
- Find the item in the Library catalogue
- Click on the Place Hold button & login
- Place a hold and select Canada Post for the pickup library
How can I track my Mail to Me item?
- Login to My Library Account
- Click on the Holds tab and check the Status column
- Pending: we’ve received your request
- External: we’re waiting for your mailing address (employees only)
- No longer on the Holds tab? Go to the Checkouts tab. If it is on loan to you, it is on its way
- We will email you when we’ve put your package in the mail
When will I receive my items?
- It will take us a few days to get your items and package them up
- After the package is in the mail, it depends on Canada Post delivery times
When is my item due back?
- You can see the due date in My Library Account
- Materials must be put in the mail to KPU by the due date
- Student loan periods https://www.kpu.ca/library/services/loans-students
- Employee loan periods https://www.kpu.ca/library/services/loans-faculty
- Equipment can’t be mailed via Mail to Me
Why are you asking for my mailing address?
- Employee Library records don’t include home addresses
- We’ll email you a notice asking for your mailing address so we can send your materials to you by Canada Post
- If we don’t receive an address from you, we’ll cancel the hold