Loans, Renewals & Returns for Employees
Library Privileges for Employees
- Eligible to get a KPU Card as soon as an employee record is created by Human Resources
- Borrowing privileges as outlined below under Loan Periods & Renewals
- Onsite and offsite access to Research Databases
- In person, email and live chat reference help
- Library instruction for your students - book it now!
- Access to a liaison Librarian
- Add materials to the Course Reserves collection
- Complete list of Library Resources for Faculty
- Employees who have retired from KPU are eligible for a Lifetime Borrower Card. Previous employees who did not retire from KPU may be eligible for a Community Borrower Card.
All Library notices are emailed to your KPU email account. Check there for information on your holds & overdues.
KPU Library patrons have the option to receive overdue, bill and hold pick up notices via text in addition to receiving them automatically by email.
Our text messaging option is available thru the following cell phone providers:
To set up Text Notifications:
- Login to My Library Account.
- On the Personal Information tab click on Text Notifications.
- Click on Add Text Notification.
- In the Personal or Work Cell field specify the type of cell number.
- Enter your cell number in the Phone Number field.
- Leave the Country Code set to Canada.
- Check the boxes for the types of notices you would like to receive via text.
- Click on Save.
Please note if a cardholder opts in to receiving SMS (text) messages regarding their Library account, the cardholder is aware that messages and data rates may apply and their phone number and KPU Library SMS message content will be disclosed and stored temporarily outside Canada. For more information on how the Library collects and manages your personal information, please see https://www.kpu.ca/library/personal-information.
- You must have your KPU Card with you to borrow.
- There is no limit on the number of items you can have on loan at one time.
- You are responsible for all items borrowed and any charges accrued on your KPU Card.
|Item||Loan Period||Number of Renewals||Renewing|
|Books||28 days||7||Automatically renewed|
Able to renew 3 days before the due date.
|Music CD's||1 week||4||Automatically renewed|
|Equipment||Various loan periods||1||Varies by loan period.
Renew your materials via My Library Account
or at the Service Counter
|Laptop, short term loan||1 week||None||Renewals not permitted|
|Laptop, long term loan||Semester||Semester by semester||Renew your materials via My Library Account
or at the Service Counter
|Various loan periods||None||Renewals not permitted|
|When is an item not renewed?
What if someone else puts a hold on your book?
- You will not be able to renew it; if it goes overdue, you will be fined. You can find more information on fines at kpu.ca/library/services/library-fines
Library materials can be returned at any campus library regardless of where they were borrowed and can be put in the outside Book Bins after the library is closed.
Return course reserves at the campus they were borrowed from.
Return equipment to staff at the Equipment Counter.
|Surrey outside book return bin||Richmond Outside Book Return||Langley Outside Book Return Map||Cloverdale Outside Book Return Map|
Once an item is 8 days overdue, it will be assumed lost and the employee will automatically be billed the replacement cost of the item. Overdue fines will continue to accumulate. If the item is returned quickly and in good condition, the replacement cost bill will be cancelled but overdue fines will still be charged.
Material Not Returned or Outstanding Bills Not Paid
Failure to return library material or pay replacement costs will result in the loss of library privileges.
I'm Sure I Returned It
Use the Library Borrowing and Fine Questions Form if you believe you have returned your library material but it is still showing as on loan to you.
What happens then:
- The Library will conduct a search at each campus for the item.
- While the searches are taking place, you'll no longer see the item in the list of checkouts in your library account.
- We will email your KPU email account to let you know the result of each search.
- If the item is not found, we'll conduct a second system-wide search a week later and email you the results.
- If the item is not found, we'll conduct a third system-wide search a week later and email you the results.
- If it is still not found, you will be billed the replacement cost of the item.
While the Library is conducting searches for the item, we encourage you to check around your home or car to see if the item might have inadvertently been left behind or slipped out of sight.