How to Apply
Applications for the Co-op program are accepted all year around. Full details can be found on the Apply to Co-op page.
The BBA in Human Resources Management degree is offered with a Co-operative Education option. Co-operative Education gives a student the opportunity to apply the skills gained during academic study in paid, practical work experience semesters. Degree students can complete a minimum of three work terms while completing their degree. Work terms generally occur full-time in separate 4 month work semesters and alternate with academic study.
Students wishing to enter and participate in the Co-op option must meet the following requirements:
- Declaration of Co-op specialization into the Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management Program.
- Minimum GPA of 2.7
- Maximum 75 completed credits
Program Continuance and Work Term Requirements:
Continuation in the co-op option requires:
- Successful completion of COOP 1101 prior to 75 credits
- Minimum GPA of 2.7
- Instructor permission*
* Instructor permission - Upon completion of COOP 1101, students must meet and maintain ALL Program Continuance and Work Term Requirements of his/her program in order to remain in the Co-op program. For most programs this includes a minimum cumulative GPA (including all transfer credits and undergraduate courses that may apply to their program), successful completion of COOP 1101 prior to 75 completed credits (prior to 30 completed credits for diplomas) and instructor permission.
Instructor permission can take into feedback from the COOP 1101 instructor and assignments, feedback from other KPU instructors (including attendance, behaviour, and participation) and suitability as an ambassador of the Co-op program. Students may meet the GPA and credit requirement but access to Co-op may be withheld or removed if instructor permission is not granted.
General Program Information
Please click here for a detailed description of what you can expect from the Human Resources Management Program.
Human Resources Management Co-op Employment
Human Resources Management Co-op students have been employed with a variety of industries such as the federal and provincial governments, municipalities, private businesses, and non-profit organizations. Student have held various titles such as:
- Employment Standards Officer
- Human Resources Assistant
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Classification Analyst
- Recruitment Coordinator
- Training Assistant
- Compensation and Administration Assistant
- HR and Labour Relations Coordinator
“I found co-op to be one of the best experience in my university career. Having completed three co-op work terms, I developed skills that I never learned in school. Co-op is a stepping stone to start your career, and co-op provides you that opportunity to get your feet wet in your desired industry. The experience, exposure, and relationships that I built will forever help and stick with me after my work term. If you are looking for something that separates you from your competition, co-op will provide that and more. What would you rather have: A degree, or a degree with relevant work experience?” - Kevin Shen - HRMT Co-op student
To learn more about the BBA-Human Resources Co-op Program, please contact: