How to Apply
Applications for the Co-op program are accepted all year around. Full details can be found on the Apply to Co-op page.
The Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Operations and Supply Chain Management is offered with a Co-operative Education option. Co-operative Education gives a student the opportunity to apply the skills gained during academic study in paid, practical work experience semesters. Students can complete a work semester while completing their diploma. Work semesters alternate with academic study.
Declaration and Entrance Requirements:
Students wishing to enter and participate in the Co-op Option must meet the following requirements:
- Declaration of the Co-op option upon admission into the Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 (First semester students without KPU GPA are eligible to apply)
- Maximum of 12 credits completed in the OSCM program
Program Continuance and Work Term Requirements:
Conditions for continuance in the program are:
- Completion of COOP 1101 prior to completing 12 credits
- Minimum GPA of 2.7
- Instructor Permission*
* Instructor permission - Upon completion of COOP 1101, students must meet and maintain ALL Program Continuance and Work Term Requirements of his/her program in order to remain in the Co-op program. For most programs this includes a minimum cumulative GPA (including all transfer credits and undergraduate courses that may apply to their program), successful completion of COOP 1101 prior to 75 completed credits (prior to 30 completed credits for diplomas) and instructor permission.
Instructor permission can take into feedback from the COOP 1101 instructor and assignments, feedback from other KPU instructors (including attendance, behaviour, and participation) and suitability as an ambassador of the Co-op program. Students may meet the GPA and credit requirement but access to Co-op may be withheld or removed if instructor permission is not granted.
In addition to the requirements stated above, all Co-op students must satisfy the General Co-operative Education Requirements.
General Program Information
Please click here for a detailed description of what you can expect from the Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Operations and Supply Chain Management program.
Operations and Supply Chain Management Co-op Employment
Operations and Supply Chain Management Co-op students are prepared for such roles as:
- Purchasing and Procurement Manager
- Master Scheduler
- Supply Chain Material Planner
- Performance Improvement
- Operations Intern
Upon successful completion of this program with co-operative education, students are eligible to receive a Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Operations and Supply Chain Management, Co-operative Education Option.