Are you looking to hire a Human Resources Co-op student? Here are some interesting facts to get you started.
Students are educated with the following skills:
- Recruitment processes including: writing job postings and descriptions; preparation of recruitment plans; interview coordination, and reference checks.
- Understanding employment laws and payroll functions.
- Developing OHS policy statement & Employee Health & Wellness program.
- Understanding of training methodologies including: a full needs analysis, developing a training plan and evaluating the pay-back of their training intervention.
- Facilitating resolution of workplace disputes including: interpreting collective agreements and employment contracts, grievance administration and preparing for arbitration presentations.
- Research in preparation for collective bargaining including: examination of interests and positions, costing of proposals and development of draft language.
Previous positions held by Co-op students:
- Employment Standards Officer
- Recruitment Coordinator
- Human Resources Assistant
- Training Assistant
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Compensation and Classification Analyst
- Administration Assistant
- HR and Labour Relations Coordinator
Additional program information can be found under the Academic Calendar for the Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management and Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Human Resources Management.