How to Apply
Applications for the Co-op program are accepted all year around. Full details can be found on the Apply to Co-op page.
The Marketing Management diploma is offered with a Co-operative Education option. Co-operative Education gives a student the opportunity to apply the skills gained during academic study in paid, practical work experience semesters. Students can complete two work semesters while completing their diploma. Work terms generally occur full-time in separate 4 month work semesters and alternate with academic study.
Students wishing to enter and participate in the Co-op Option must meet the following requirements:
- Declaration into the Marketing Management diploma program
- Minimum GPA of 2.7
- Maximum 30 completed credits
Program Continuance and Work Term Requirements:
Continuation in the co-op option requires:
- Successful completion of COOP 1101 prior to 30 credits
- Minimum GPA of 2.7
- Instructor permission*
* Instructor permission - Upon completion of COOP 1101, students must meet and maintain ALL Program Continuance and Work Term Requirements of his/her program in order to remain in the Co-op program. For most programs this includes a minimum cumulative GPA (including all transfer credits and undergraduate courses that may apply to their program), successful completion of COOP 1101 prior to 75 completed credits (prior to 30 completed credits for diplomas) and instructor permission.
Instructor permission can take into feedback from the COOP 1101 instructor and assignments, feedback from other KPU instructors (including attendance, behaviour, and participation) and suitability as an ambassador of the Co-op program. Students may meet the GPA and credit requirement but access to Co-op may be withheld or removed if instructor permission is not granted.
In addition to the requirements stated above, all Co-op students must satisfy the General Co-operative Education Requirements.
Please click here for a detailed description of what you can expect from the Marketing Management Diploma.
Marketing Co-op Employment
Marketing Co-op students are employed by the federal and provincial governments, municipalities, private businesses, and non-profit organizations in roles such as:
- Social Media Coordinator
- Events Fundraiser
- E-marketing Project Lead
- Event Planner
- Outreach Communicator
- Market Research Assistant
- Online Marketing Assistant
- Promotions Assistant
“Not only has Co-op given me the chance to experience working in the marketing field, but also it has also provided me with the opportunity to start networking with marketing professionals early in my career and make lifelong connections in the event planning sector. I’ve never imagined that I would be working in an event planning company and contributing my ideas in face to face client meetings and contributing to the success of the business. Most important of all, the Kwantlen Co-op office is there to support me and increase my learning in the workplace. Taking marketing textbook concepts and applying them in the real world is the true value of Co-op.” - Charlene C.
To learn more about the Marketing Management Co-op Program, please contact: