Exchange - Study Permits/Visas


In order to enter your host country and to apply for a student visa, you will need to have a passport. Gathering all the documents required for a passport application can take a significant amount of time. Passport processing times can also be quite lengthy so please ensure that you apply for your passport as soon as possible. If you are a Canadian citizen, visit Passport Canada to apply.

If you already have a passport, it must be valid for at least 6 months after your expected return date to Canada in order to facilitate entry into your host country.

Study Permits/Visas

In order to spend an extended amount of time studying in a different country, you may be required to get a study permit or visa before entering your host country. Each country's requirements are different. To find out what the requirements are for your host country contact your host country's visa office in Canada. To find out the contact information please visit the following site:

It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate documents to enter and stay in your host country for the duration of your exchange. Processing times for visa applications can be quite lengthy. Please apply for any required documents at least 3 months before your departure date.

Connect with KPU Study Abroad