We are now accepting applications for BUSI, HRMT, ENTR, ACCT, Writing, BUQU, INFO and ECON for Fall 2021.
Minimum Qualifications for the position:
- Be registered as a KPU student
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have completed at least 24 credit hours for regular students and 18 credit hours for post baccalaureate students
- Provide references from TWO KPU instructors who would support your application
To apply to a tutoring position, you will need to do the following:
- Fill out this
- Check your email for information about your interview time
- Attend an interview
Tutors receive three levels of training. Principal duties include tutoring KPU students to help them become more effective learners. Tutors achieve this by asking questions about the student's understanding of the subject area, making suggestions about how to study or a method of approaching a problem, modelling appropriate learning strategies, and by referring the student to learning resources or other services within or outside the university. Peer Tutors are not expected to teach coursework or to be substitutes for teachers. Peer tutors are current KPU students helping other students to learn.
Bilingual peer tutors are also available.
Tutors are paid the current minimum wage and are expected to work between 4–10 hours per week.