Get prepared with some highly effective learning and life strategies before you start the upcoming semester.
KPU 100 provides an interactive, supported learning experience for starting off your university career on the right track. You will have the opportunity to engage with faculty and other students in real-time sessions, and will complete interactive learning activities at your own pace each day. Along the way, you will receive supportive feedback and guidance as you work through short assignments that build up your knowledge, skills, and confidence as an online learner. This non-credit program is offered completely free to KPU students.
- Developing personal goals
- Structuring your learning in an online environment
- Managing time effectively
- Using the principles of deep learning to enhance your study
- Reading texts and taking notes
- Using memory strategies
- Communicating effectively online
Working in online groups and teams
- Improving test-taking skills
- Using powerful questions
- Developing a growth mindset
- Using KPU technology (e.g. Moodle)
- Maintaining well being through physical activity, sleep and self-compassion
- Cultivating optimism and resilience
How KPU 100 Works
There are two program options. Synchronous session will happen at the start and end of each program. One program starts at 8:00 am on Monday with a live session and again we see you on Friday at the same time (April 26 & 30, 8:00-9:00am). Another program starts at 7:00 pm on Monday and see you again on Thursday evening at 7:00pm (April 26 & 29, 7:00 - 8:00pm). The rest of the program is self-paced and you will get feedback from your program presenters as you complete your activities.
Register for your preferred time below.