Get prepared with some highly effective learning and life strategies BEFORE you start the Fall semester.
Join us online if you can. If not, we have you covered with a recording you can access at any time! See: kpu.ca/tlc
- Developing personal goals
- Structuring your learning in an online environment
- Managing time effectively
- Using the principles of deep learning to enhance your study
- Reading texts and taking notes
- Using memory strategies
- Communicating effectively online
- Working in online groups and teams
- Improving test-taking skills
- Using powerful questions
- Developing a growth mindset
- Maintaining well being through physical activity, sleep and self-compassion
- Cultivating optimism and resilience
The series will run daily from August 31-September 4, and will be facilitated by a team of KPU faculty. You can choose from two times: 7-9 AM PST (7:30-9:30 PM IST) and 10 AM-12 PM PST. Both sessions will cover the same core topics. The 7-9 AM session will include some additional content for students who are new to study in Canada, but all are welcome to attend. Another series will run in September, October and November. Check back later for dates.