As part of Kwantlen Polytechnic University's commitment to supporting international students' arrival in Canada, you may be eligible to receive a one-time Accommodation Relief Grant of up to $500. The grant will offset the expenses for finding accommodation upon arrival to British Columbia. The funding is intended to help alleviate the financial hardship of finding accommodation and may not cover the total cost of your stay.
The KPU Accommodation Relief Grant is only intended for KPU international students who meet all of the requirements listed below:
- Enrolled in full-time studies in any program at KPU.
- New International students who arrived in Canada from December 1st, 2023 for the start of the Spring 2024 term
- Completed an application for the KPU Accommodation Relief Grant with the required supporting documents:
- Application form
- A copy of flight tickets
- A copy of study permit
- Proof of payment:
- Hotel Receipt
- Airbnb Receipt
- Homestay Receipt
- Student Residence Housing Receipt
- Private Residence (please provide first month rent receipt from landlord)
- Disclaimer – please do not send your tenancy agreement, screenshot of your bank statement or e-transfer.
Please note that funding is limited. The KPU Accommodation Relief Grant will continue until the funds are no longer available. All applications received will be processed in order of arrival during the Spring 2024.
Submitting an application does not qualify for an immediate approval. Please note that funding is limited. The KPU Accommodation Relief Grant will continue until the funds are no longer available. Our staff will review the application and assess eligibility. Upon review you will be contacted by our staff to inform you if the request was approved. We ask for your patience in responding to your application as we will be receiving an extraordinarily high volume of inquiries. You can support us by refraining from sending continuous inquiries.