As part of Kwantlen Polytechnic University's commitment to supporting international students' arrival in Canada during the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible to receive a one-time Accommodation Relief Grant of up to $800. The grant will offset the expenses for finding accommodation upon arrival or to support with mandatory quarantine requirements. The funding is intended to help alleviate the financial hardship of finding accommodation due to the current pandemic and may not cover the total cost of your stay.
The KPU Accommodation Relief Grant is only intended for KPU international students who meet all of the requirements listed below:
- Enrolled in full-time studies in a pathway, undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, or graduate diploma program at KPU.
- Read through Information for International Students Travelling to Canada
- Requested a travel support letter from KPU International
- Immediately upon arrival, submitted the "Confirmation of Arrival" form through the iCent app
- Travelled directly from outside Canada, with BC as their final destination. Travel dates must be between December. 8th, 2021 – March 1st, 2022. Proof of travel will be required.
- Completed an application for the KPU Accommodation Relief Grant with the required supporting documents:
- Application form
- A copy of flight tickets confirming arrival in BC, Canada
- A copy of study permit
- Proof of payment
- Hotel Receipt
- Airbnb Receipt
- Homestay Receipt
- Student Residence Housing Receipt
- Private Residence (please provide first month rent receipt from landlord)
- Disclaimer – please do not send your tenancy agreement
Please note that funding is limited. The KPU Accommodation Relief Grant will continue until the funds are no longer available. All applications received in December will be processed in January 2022.
The approved funding will be applied towards your account for the Spring 2022 term. The funds will be provided within 3 weeks of the start of the semester.
Please note that funds will not be provided before you arrive in BC. You must apply for funds within 15 days of arriving in Canada.
Submitting an application does not qualify for an immediate approval. Our staff will review the application and assess eligibility. Upon review you will be contacted by our staff to inform you if the request was approved. We ask for your patience in responding to your application as we will be receiving an extraordinarily high volume of inquiries. Our staff will be in contact by the third week of January. You can support us by refraining from sending continuous inquiries.
For more information and questions please contact Internationaltransitions@kpu.ca.