Non-Academic Support

We understand how important non-academic support is to you, therefore, we are here to support you and provide you with resources when you need. Check out the FAQ to find out more about study and work permits, finance, travel, medical, etc. If you have any questions, book an appointment or come during drop-ins!

What information are you looking for?

Emotional Support

  • KPU Counsellor Services can help when you are experiencing stress, anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, adjusting to university life and studies, etc. Your meeting with a Counsellor will be one-on-one and confidential. KPU Counselling Services takes the protection of students' privacy seriously.
  • Kwantlen Student Association (KSA) Peer Support Resource Centre is a student-led initiative that aims to foster optimal mental health and holistic well-being within the KPU community. They offer one-on-one peer support services, referrals for certain services, Chatterbox, and mental health events.
  • My SSP - KPU has collaborated with keep.meSAFE to provide a 24/7 Mental Health Student Support Program! All KPU students have 24/7 access to multilingual counsellors who can provide immediate support and referral to address a range of concerns. Download the app or call 1.844.451.9700
  • myWellness - Visit for mental health resources, including video counselling and text chat support
  • Crisis Centre of BC (24/7)
    Phone: 604-872-3311 or 1-800-784-2433
    Online Chat: 

There are a great variety of student events!

Some past events include visiting Victoria, Diwali festival, Canada Day celebration, Games Night, Playland, etc..  

  • For International student events, click here.
  • For all student events on campus, click here.

How to Apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN)

Click below to find out more about the SIN application process:

How to Apply for a Study Permit Extension

Click below to find out more about the Study Permit Extension application procedures:

Tax Information

Click below to find out more on Canadian taxation:

How to Apply for a Post-graduation Work Permit

Click below to find out more about the Post-graduation Work Permit application process:

How to Apply for a US Visa

Click below to find out more about the US Visa application process: